Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why the hell would I do it again?!?

Originally Posted: Mar 12, 2005 on MySpace

Because it was free... damnit. I'll always admit that I'm a consumer whore and if I see something I want, or even something related in a nifty fashion to something I want, I will acquire it. My problem is even worse than that, though! I'm also a sucker. When I come across something I'm not even sure if I want, I'll get it anyway if its a good deal. Being a bargain hunter and a collector has led me to have a lot of crap simply because I've learned where to find a good deal. I need more shelves. So, City of Heroes: why? FREE! DAMMIT! I thought I'd learned my lesson about 5 years ago when I swore off of the EverCrack, but being a super hero buff I'd always eyed CoH with a bit of curiosity. I also get to hear about the game a lot since about half a dozen people in my office play it regularly. So when they have a promotional deal where members can hand out a 14 day free trial to a friend and be entered in a contest, I was given the opportunity to play the game for free. And... I... love... it... dammit. So, I'm sucked in, and likely to buy it after the trail period runs out. I love my hobbies. But first, I need to finish something here at the office on a Saturday before I can go home and waste my evening as a super hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment