Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Batman Do-Over

Originally Posted: Jun 19, 2005 on MySpace

So, finally got to see Batman Begins last night. I'd been getting poked and prodded from all angles about how I had to see it and how awesome it was and how it was the best comic book movie EV4R! We went, and it was freakin' awesome! The hype dampened the impact quite a bit, though. When everyone tells you something is that incredible, its bound to be a little below the hyped expectations, but I can live with that. Definitely worth theater price to see.

I don't know how I was expecting them to handle the existance of the previous movies, particularly considering this was the 'first appearance' of Batman and Tim Burton did that one just a little while back. Well, it basically looks like they've pretty much just ditched the other ones and started from scratch with just a mild nod to the original. I'd be willing to wager the plan is to go from here and make a new series of Batman movies in the much darker, but not quite Tim Burton surreal style, of Gotham. And, honestly: I'd go to see them, too.

The DC logo was an amusing touch that I honestly wasn't expecting. I'd gotten used to seeing so many movies posting the Marvel logo as they begin that I realized Batman Begins is the first DC comic movie I've seen since the recent boom in their popularity. Now I know to expect it come Superman, and I look forward to it prefacing another Batman.

So, go see a movie.



I still think Hulk was the best on screen character adaption from a comic. That's just me, though, so screw you guys! I'm goin' home!

No comments:

Post a Comment