Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The answer is "No."

Originally Posted: May 29, 2006 on MySpace

Alright, then, the abridged version of the birthday weekend. Everything cool was marred with some disappointment:

- Got a HeroClix Dark Phoenix and promptly tried her out in a game where I got my ass handed to me.

- Talked to Megan when she arrived in Portland but found she wouldn't be coming down to Eugene until the next day.

- Got an awesome amount of work done almost in time for the unofficial deadline when the J-tool goes crap-tastic on me, loses half my work, and generates a visual bug that makes work take twice as long to work around. This results in being later than we should have been to X-Men III so if anyone else was there, I sure didn't see them.

- Saw X-Men III, but sat next to a couple of underage drinkers who were flirting with each other louder and louder as the movie progressed.

- Thought the day was a bit disappointing and spent about an hour writing out what I thought was a fair analysis of the whole thing and questioning if I could still be happy about the good things that day. Computer/Banner-Ad error causes me to lose both the blog AND the back-up file I copy/paste to, specifically in case computer/banner errors cause me to lose blog.

- Found out I was griping prematurely as I drive to Portland the next day to meet Megan and her family for breakfast only to be in time to take her to the emergency room for a rash that's only been getting worse for the past couple days. Manage to subsist the rest of the day on a tiny slice of pizza and a bit of Starbucks carrot cake until 10:30pm dinner, where I buy everyone pizza.

- I get to spend pretty much the rest of the weekend with Megan, but she still has this strange allergic reaction that leaves her itchy and irritable. Physical contact almost completely out of the question during my first visit with her in almost 2 months.

- We finally break up because its becoming hard to maintain a passionate long distance relationship (and I choose not to mention that I couldn't afford it as it was, anyway).

So, at the end of my birthday/holiday weekend, I have to look back at how amusing it was to ask if it was a good birthday.

4 comments:

  1. To which Adrian replied:
    Shiza dude! That blows. If it makes you feel any better for many of my coworkers first viewing of X-men 3 there were construction noises half the time AND all the projectors in the theater died right in the middle of the climax. Who am I kidding, still sucks. I feel for you man. Hope to see you again soon, preferrably for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To which Mike G replied:
    dude - sounds like Murphy had a great deal of fun at your expense.

    *sigh* At least you're alive... that's still something to be proud of, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To which Will P replied:
    no comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. To which Will replied:
    Hands down, one of the worst birthdays evar. Hopefully the cake I made wasn't as cursed as everything else we did seemed to be.

    ReplyDelete